Building plan application on prescribed forms duly filled in and signed by Registered Architect / Engineer/ Supervisor and the owners along with the prescribed documents in respect of residential plots upto 334.44 sq.m. (400 sq. yards only) should be submitted zone wise in the office of Executive Engineer (Bldg.) on any working day upto 2.00 P.M. Building plan application for residential buildings of plot area exceeding 334.44 sq.m.(400 sq. Yards), Farmhouses and all non-residential plots, should be submitted in the Building Department (Head Quarter), 8th Floor, S.P.M. Civic Centre, Minto Road, New Delhi -110002 on any working day upto 2.00 P.M except Tuesday, the day of single window service. Facility is available for submission of building plans in single window service in all zones as well as in Building (Head quarter).
3.1 Location, Address and Telephone Nos. of Zonal Office & Building Head quarter
|S. No.||Zonal Office||Location of Zonal office||Telephone No.|
|1||City Zone||Asaf Ali Road, Multi level Parking Near Delhi Gate.||D.C. 23261713
|2||Central Zone||Lajpat Nagar, Shiv Mandir Margmas, Near Jal Vihar, Delhi||D.C.29815959
|3||South Zone||Aurbindo Marg, Green Park, New Delhi||D.C.26514368
|4||S.P. Zone||Behind P.S. Sadar, Idgah Road, Delhi.||D.C. 23525955
|5||K.B. Zone||Desh Bandhu Gupta Road, Dev Nagar, Delhi||D.C.25740085
|6||West Zone||Community Centre, Vishal Enclave, Tagore Garden, New Delhi||D.C.25934789
|7||Civil Line Zone||16, Rajpur Road, Civil Lines, Delhi||D.C.23982437
|8||Shahdara, South Zone||Near Karkardooma Court, Shahdara, Delhi.||D.C.22303651
|9||Shahdara, North Zone||Keshav Chowk, Shahdara, Delhi||D.C.22824647
|10||Rohini Zone||Sector-V, Rohini, Near Rajeev Gandhi Cancer Institute, New Delhi||D.C.27052101
|11||Narela Zone||Narela, Arya Samaj Road, Delhi Opposite Police Station||D.C.27708993
|12||Najafgarh Zone||Najafgarh Road, Near Underground Water Tank, Najafgarh||D.C.25321302
|13||Building (HQ)||Building Department (Head Quarter), 8th Floor, S.P.M. Civic Centre, Minto Road, New Delhi-110002||SE/EE 23225828
4.0 FACILITIES AVAILABLE FOR SANCTION OF BUILDING PLANS:-
4.1 Jurisdiction :
Building plans of residential plots upto 400 sq. yards. (334.44 sqm.) are sanctioned by the respective Executive Engineer (B) of the zone and beyond 400 sq. yards. All other types of buildings like institutional, commercial and factories etc. beyond 400 sq. yards are sanctioned by the Superintending Engineer (Building)HQ and upto 400 sq. yards by Executive Engineer (Building)HQ at Head Quarter level. The following options are available for getting the building plans sanctioned :-
- A) Instant sanction : – For residential plots upto 500 sqm. across the table :
This scheme is applicable for plots, which are lying vacant and form part of approved LOP (Layout Plan) with respect to its size, shape and area of plot and where mandatory set-backs, position, size and shape of garage blocks are also shown in the layout plan.
- B) Single window service:
The concept of single window clearance for sanction of building plan application was initially introduced at Building HQ. Seeing the overwhelming response this service was extended in all zones of the Corporation. Under this single window service, following facilities are made available:-
- To accept application for building plan, completion certificate and certified copy of any of these documents;
- To deposit necessary building fees and taxes;
- To provide any guidance relating to sanction of the building plans, completion certificate under the provisions of both Building Bye-laws and Master Plan and any other information relating to building activity in the zones;
- To provide counseling for submission of fresh building plan application;
- To fix up time and date for inspection both for sanction of building plan as well as completion certificate, if the same has not been notified earlier;
- To carryout corrections in the building plans or for making any compliance;
- To deliver sanction of the building plans, completion certificate and certified copies;
- To issue Completion Certificate at the spot under ‘Tatkal’ Scheme in view of Office order No.D/79/EE (B) HQ dated 03.02.2004.
- To accord sanction to building plan application, which are complete in all respect and the proposal is as per B.B.L.s, Master Plan provisions and site is found in order.
- C) Simplified procedure :
Simplified procedure for building permits for residential plotted development which form part of the approved layout plan only and falling within the limit of M.C.D.
The Building Bye-laws, 1983 are applicable in Municipal limits. As per provisions of DMC Act, 1957 under Section 332, 333 no erection of any building or execution of any work shall be allowed within the Municipal limits without prior approval of Commissioner.
In the existing procedure, further simplification has been made for the sanction of the Building Plan application immediately to the individual residential plots which forms part of the approved layout plan of the colony.
Building Plan Application will be prepared by the Architect registered with the Council of Architecture only and the same shall be dealt with on merits for approval immediately within the following week on submission of the proposal as per Building Bye-laws 1983, MPD-2021, and the policies of the Department in vogue. The Building Plans for plots upto the size of 400 sq. yards, under this scheme shall be approved by concerned Ex. Engineer (Bldg.) of the Zone and the building plan beyond 400 sq. yards shall be dealt with by the Superintending Engineer (Bldg.) HQ in the following manner :-
- This procedure is applicable for the plots which form part of the approved layout plan with respect to size, shape and area of plot, position of garage block, road width & land use only. The plots falling in the unauthorized regularized colonies, urban villages, Bungalow area of Civil Lines and Sahajahanabad (Walled City) and its extension and special area, notified streets under mixed use regulation and floor wise sanction will not be covered under this procedure.
- The Building Permit notice shall be given by the Owner(s) through his Architect(s) in the office of concerned Ex. Engineer (Bldg.) of the Zone or in the office of Superintending Engineer (Bldg.) HQ as the case may be along with necessary documents and other affidavits/undertakings/ Indemnity Bonds in prescribed performa as per the prevailing procedure and mentioned in the attached note for sanction. In case, the Building Plan application submitted under this scheme is not in order with respect to number of documents required, the same shall not be accepted and reasons for not accepting the proposal shall be recorded on the application itself by the officer on duty. The responsibility of authenticity/genuineness & validity of the documents submitted by Owner(s) and Architect(s) shall lie with them only.
- For expeditious and effective implementation of the scheme, the Town Planning Department will immediately post copies of all approved layout plans of various colonies on MCD Website. As well as make copies of approved layout plan available on sale to the general public and Architect on price. Further, the Town Planning Department shall arrange counseling service between 10.30 AM to l.30 PM on all working days to provide information regarding approved LOPs in order to facilitate the architect/owner to submit the building plans for speedy disposal under the scheme. Similarly, SE (Planning) will post copies of all approved alignment plans of roads showing the portion of plots affected in road widening on MCD Website. In addition to this, they shall also put on sale the copies of the approved alignment plans of roads to general public and architect on price.
- A counselling service shall remain available to the Architect(s)/owner(s) at Bldg. HQ and concerned Zonal Office of MCD. Where all facilities shall be extended to the Architect(s)/ Owner(s) like as to how to fill up the building plan application, calculation of fee & other charges, making correction on the plans and receiving sanction on the spot.
- For the cases of plotted development where some specific decision is warranted, which could not be sorted out by the architect, Ex. Engineer (Bldg.) of zone and superintending Engineer (Bldg.) HQ, same would be placed before Building Plan Committee or concerned authority by Executive Engineer of the Zone & Superintending Engineer (Bldg.) HQ as the case may be.
- The powers to sanction the building plans for residential plotted development shall vest in Superintending Engineer (Bldg.) HQ and Ex. Engineer (Bldg.) of the zone as per Section 491 of the DMC Act, 1957, as applicable as on date.
(i) One Assistant Engineer and two Jr. Engineers in each Zone shall be deputed for disposal of applications of Occupancy Certificate within two weeks. In case any deviation from sanctioned building plan is noticed by them, it would immediately be notified to the concerned Executive Engineer of the Zone for initiating demolition/ sealing action under the law. Action against architect & owner shall also be initiated.
(ii) The Zonal Building Department shall also ensure to display the details of sanctioned building plans & issue of Completion Certificate on MCD website.
PROCEDURE FOR ACCEPTANCE OF BUILDING PLAN APPLICATION SHALL BE AS FOLLOWS :-
- The proposal with all requisite information, documents, affidavits & indemnity bond, NOCs and certifications duly signed by the owner/ architect shall be accepted and sanction shall be accorded immediately within the following week after payment of requisite fees, levies and charges.
- All the plans and documents shall be duly signed by the owner(s) and the registered architect(s), registered with the Council of Architecture. The Architect shall indicate his/her name & address and Registration Number on the plans and the forms as required preferably in the form of stamp.
- No building plan application shall be deemed valid unless & until the owner(s)/architect (s) giving notice has paid the all requisite permit fee and other charges i.e. stacking charges, betterment charges, levies, labour cess charges and other charges applicable for the individual plot.
- Building Plans Application selected for test check shall only be scrutinized in all respect by the staff of Building Department.
- The documents relating to ownership of each & every case shall be examined by the concerned staff of Building Department and action shall be taken accordingly. Further, all the applicable charges (including Cess Charges) shall be calculated by the staff of Building Department on the basis of data provided by the Architect and the Applicant.
- The applicability of NOC with respect to DMRC & ASI on the basis of plans/ lists available shall be ensured at the time of processing the Building Plan Application. In case both or any one of the NOC is required, the building plan application shall not be considered.
CONDITION OF SANCTION :-
(i) Building Plan Application will be entertained/accepted and sanction will be issued under Section 336 of the DMC Act, 1957 and under the provisions of Building Bye-laws, 1983 Master Plan for Delhi 2021 & other zonal regulations.
(ii) A stamp shall be affixed on the plans and the sanction letter that the sanction has been accorded on the basis of documents/affidavit/undertaking submitted by the registered architect(s) and the owner(s). In case, any misrepresentation, discrepancy in respect of provisions of Master Plan of Delhi-2021, Building Bye-laws, 1983 and other Zoning Regulations is found at any stage, sanction shall be deemed revoked, beside other actions including forgery for giving wrong statement against the architect (s)/owner(s) will be taken. The defaulting architect(s) shall not be allowed to submit the building plans under this scheme in future in MCD and the matter shall be reported to the Council of Architecture to take appropriate action against the concerned Architect.
iii) The Architect shall be responsible to ensure that building plans submitted for immediate sanction under this procedure, has been prepared in accordance with the provisions of MPD-2021, BBLs, 1983 & other Zoning Regulations applicable. In case, any violation is found at any stage, sanction accorded shall be deemed revoked besides other actions and no claim shall be made from MCD by the owner for the construction carried out in lieu of this sanction.
TEST CHECK : The Test Check shall be carried out as per instructions contained in Office Order No. 289/Addl. Cm. (E)/2009/SE (B) HQ dated 22-12-2009.
The senior authorities are at liberty to exercise the check of any such sanction plan over and above the aforesaid stipulation. Zonal authorities are required to submit details of sanction plan on monthly basis latest by 5th of the next month including the cases of misrepresentation observed during random check. The building department of the Zone shall carry out the inspection of the properties/premises during construction period as per the laid down procedure already circulated. It shall be ensured that the construction is being carried out as per the provisions laid down in MPD-2021/Building Bye Laws, 1983 and other Zoning Regulations. Discrepancy / violation in respect of sanction, if any found, shall be reported to the sanctioning authority i.e. EE(B) of the Zone/ SE(B)HQ as the case may be.
NOTE :- (a) The Policy of Simplified Procedure dated 22.12.2009 alongwith its annexure is available on MCD Website : www.mcdonline.gov.in
(b) Online sanction of building plans for plotted development (fresh proposal / vacant plot) has been introduced, simultaneously alongwith Simplified Procedure at Building(HQ) for an initial period of one month. After implementation of Online Sanction of Building Plan in all the Zonal Offices in a phase wise manner and its successful implementation, the process of sanctioning of building plans under the Simplified Procedure will be considered for abolition.
(c) Relevant information regarding Online Sanction of Building Plans / latest office orders are available on MCD website : www.mcdonline.gov.in
- D) THROUGH NORMAL PROCEDURE:
The building plans of other than plotted residential and notified streets are normally sanctioned in about 7 to 15 days time after necessary corrections / compliances having been done. However, where some policy decision or interpretation of B.B.L is needed, such cases are placed before Building Plan Committee, both at Hq. level and at the Zonal level for decision.
5.0 Weekdays fixed for single window service
|City Zone||Wednesday||10.00 AM to 1.00 PM|
|Central Zone||Tuesday||10.00 AM to 1.00 PM|
|South Zone||Wednesday||10.00 AM to 1.00 PM|
|S.P. Zone||Wednesday||10.00 AM to 1.00 PM|
|K.B. Zone||Wednesday||10.00 AM to 1.00 PM|
|West Zone||Thursday||10.00 AM to 1.00 PM|
|Civil Line Zone||Thursday||10.00 AM to 1.00 PM|
|Shahdara Zone (North)||Wednesday||10.00 AM to 1.00 PM|
|Shahdara Zone (South)||Wednesday||10.00 AM to 1.00 PM|
|Rohini Zone||Friday||10.00 AM to 1.00 PM|
|Najafgarh Zone||Thursday||10.00 AM to 1.00 PM|
|Narela Zone||Wednesday||10.00 AM to 1.00 PM|
(8th Floor, Civic Centre, Minto Road)
|Tuesday||10.00 AM to 1.00 PM|
6.0 PROCEDURE FOR PROCESSING BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATION UNDER NORMAL PROCEDURE FOR THE CASES, WHICH ARE NOT COVERED UNDER SIMPLIFIED SCHEME
- On the day, application for grant of building permit is received, building section shall give a suitable date and time for the site inspection. In any case the date will be given Within 10 days from the receipt of application.
- After the site has been inspected, the case shall be scrutinized within 30 days from the date of inspection. In case there are no objections, and corrections requiring compliances from the owner, the sanction shall be released within 60 days from the date of submission.
For other cases where corrections or compliances of other objections are necessary, the same are intimated to the applicant within 45 days from the date of submission, Such correction/compliances should be completed within 15 days after compliance of which the building permit shall be released within 15 days from the date of such compliance.
In case of non-compliance by the applicant within stipulated period, the building permit shall be refused. In case of such applications for building permit which are not in conformity with the bye-laws/ Master Plan/Zoning Regulations or deficient in papers/documents and required information, the application shall be liable to be rejected.
7.0. REGULATIONS OF BUILDING ACTIVITIES IN DIFFERENT AREAS
7.1 Regulation of Building Activities in Lal Dora (Abadi) of Rural Villages Building Activity and Control Norms shall be governed as per the provision of Notification dated 17.01.2011 issued by the DDA regarding “The Building Regulations for Special Area, Unauthorized Regularized Colonies and Village Abadis, 2010″ and Circular No.TP/G/3426/11 dated 28.09.2011, (Page-101)
Note – Notification dated 17.01.2011 can be viewed on MCD website in the portal of Town Planning Department.
7.2 POLICY FOR SANCTION OF BUILDING PLAN IN URBANIZED VILLAGE
Building Activity and Control Norms shall be governed as per the provision of Notification dated 17.01.2011 issued by the DDA regarding “The Building Regulations for Special Area, Unauthorised Regularized Colonies and Village Abadis, 2010” and Circular No.TP/G/3426/11 dated 28.09.2011, (Page-101)
7.3 SLUM & JJ COLONIES
The building activities in the J.J. and Resettlement colonies are controlled by Building Department of M.C.D. The Standard Plan controls the norms of Slum & JJ Resettlement Colonies / properties. Any construction carried out in violation of Standard Plan/ Drawing is liable for action under relevant Sections of the DMC Act.
7.4 POLICY FOR SANCTION OF BUILDING PLAN IN UNAUTHORIZED REGULARIZED COLONIES
Building Activities and Control Norms shall be governed as per the provision of Notification dated l7.01.20l1. Each case shall be processed for sanction after obtaining comments from the Town Planning Department.
7.5 LEASEHOLD PROPERTY or L&DO
The cases of lease hold properties of L&DO shall be considered as per terms & conditions of the lease. The standard plans wherever applicable will be continued.
7.6. CIVIL LINES AREA POLICY (As per approved Zonal Plan)
BOUNDARY OF THE BUNGALOWAREA. CIVIL LINES: The boundary of the civil lines bungalow area shall contain the areas of earlier sub-zones C-2 and C-3, measuring about 250 hect. Thus the boundary is to run from ISBT, Mahatma Gandhi Marg in the, east, Ashram Marg/ part of Shamnath Marg in the North and Ridge boundary in the West, Boulevard Road (Qudesia Road) in the South meeting at ISBT.