There were considerable number of large size (more than one acre) bungalow plots, but with the passage of time quite a number of plots have been utilized/sub-divided for Group Housing Scheme and otherwise. These plots are generally fronting on narrow road /lanes (8 to 10 meter wide) which are to be widened reasonably (minimum 13.5 meter). Therefore, remaining plots shall be further reduced in size. Considering such ground realities it may not be appropriate to follow the Bungalow Policy of New Delhi Area i.e. a bungalow to be replaced by a bungalow. Norm for development for residential categories shall be as under :-
- Bungalow Plots (4000 sq. m. and above for Group Housing)
Development norms shall be as per D.D.A. resolution No, 184 dt. 24.12.1980 and 23.3.l993.
- a) Ground Coverage 25%
- b) FAR 75
- c) Height 11M
d) Density 62-75 ppa or 15. DUs/Acre (38DUsHect)
- Street Width for Group Housing
Since this is an existing area and there is hardly any scope to achieve considerable road widening it is recommended that the fronting road to be widened l3.5m minimum, R/W equally on other side from the center line of the Road.
III. Other Residential Plots
The norms of development of plots les than 4000 sq. m. shall be on low intensity as under :-
|Plot Size (Sq. m)||Max Ground Coverage (%)||FAR||Max Height (meter)||No of DUs|
|Below 4000||33.33||75||11||Upto 15 DUs/Acre or 38 DUs.Hect.|
- a) Basement if any shall be counted in FAR if not used for parking/service where applicable.
- b) Parking and tree plantation/ landscape shall be governed as per MPD-2021 norms.
- c) Existing residential plots shall not be permitted to be sub-divided.
7.7 Lutyen’s Bungalow Zone
The new construction of dwelling on a plot must have the same plinth area as the existing bungalow and must have a height not exceeding the height of the bungalow in place, or if the plot is vacant, the height of the bungalow which is the lowest of those on the adjoining plots.
7.8 Special Area
Building Activities and Control Norms shall be governed as per the provision of Notification dated 17.01.201 l and Circular No.TP/G/3425/11 dated 28.09.2011 and Circular No.D-1327/EE(Bldg.)HQ/2007 dated 14.ll.2007. (Page 103).
7.9 Plot in residential areas abutting notified streets / roads under Mixed Use Regulations.
The building plan in respect of plot abutting notified streets/ roads shall be processed as per guidelines laid down under Circular No.D/41/SE(B) HQ/09 dated 27/05/2009.
Facility for issuing attested copies of documents :
Sanction Building Plan, Completion Certificate etc. are very important documents and are required by public for permanent use. Sometimes public misplaces these documents. Municipal Corporation of Delhi extends facility of issuing attested copies of these documents as per procedure giver below :-
The actual owner of the property who desires to obtain a certified copy of any document can submit an application on plain paper affixed with 40 Paise (Non-judicial) Court Stamp in the office, where the original documents are kept in record. The record of building files is normally kept in the office from where the plans were sanctioned. Attested copies will be issued at the following rate:
(1) For ordinary copies of Building Plan for which tracing has to be prepared:-
(i) Rs. 200/- per sq. ft. (1st copy).
(ii) Rs. l00/- per sq. ft. for subsequent copies.
(2) Where the person/applicant/owner of the property presents an exact copy of the Building Plan or document of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi:
(i) Rs. 80/- per plan/document (1st copy).
(ii) Rs. 50/- per plan for subsequent copy.
In addition to above 75 Paisa Court fee stamp is to be affixed on all the desired documents.
GENERAL BUILDING NORMS AS PER MPD-2021
CONTROL FOR BUILDING / BUILDINGS WITHIN RESIDENTIAL PREMISES
- Residential Plot – Plotted Housing:-
Maximum ground coverage, FAR, number of dwelling units for different size of residential plots shall be as per the following table:-
|Sl. No.||Area of the plot (in sqm0||Max. Ground coverage (%)||Max. FAR||No. of DUs||Dwelling units restrained by Supreme Court.|
|2.||Above 32 to 50||90*||350||3||3|
|3.||Above 50 to 100||90*||350||4||4|
|4.||Above 100 to 250||75**||300**||4||4|
|5.||Above 250 to 750||75||225||6||5|
|6.||Above 750 to 1000||50||150||9||7|
|7.||Above 1000 to 1500||40||120||9||7|
|8.||Above 1500 to 2250||40||120||12||10|
|9.||Above 2250 to 3000||40||120||15||10|
|10.||Above 3000 to 3750||40||120||18||10|
Note :- As per orders of Hon’ble Supreme Court in the matter of “M.C. Mehta V/s UOI & 0thers”, the sanction of third floor, as permissible under MPD-2021, is subject to filing of affidavit by owner that no equity shall be claimed, if ultimately it is found that the MPD suffers from infirmity and demolition of unauthorized and/or impermissible construction is to be made, the same shall be carried out.
- The local body concerned shall be competent to disregard variation of upto 2% in plot size, arising from conversion of area from sq. yard to sqm. and to grant the norms applicable to the lower category of plot size in accordance to para (ii) below.
- *100% ground coverage shall be eligible for regularization of construction, already existing as on 22.09.06 on payment of charges as notified.
- Minimum size of the residential plot shall be 32 sqm. However in case o1″Government sponsored economically weaker section schemes. size could be reduced further.
- ** 100% ground coverage and 350 FAR shall be eligible for regularization of construction already existing as on 22.09.06 on payment of charges as per the notification in respect plot size between 100 to 175 sqm.
- Permissible FAR and Dwelling Units shall not be less than MPD-2001 norms.
Terms and conditions:-
(i) The additional number of dwelling units would be subject to payment of levy for the augmentat1on of CIVIC infrastructure
(ii) The total coverage and FAR permissible 1n any plot 1n a category shall not be less than that permissible and available to the largest plot in the next lower category
(iii) Height: The maximum height of the building in all plots shall be 15 metres
(iv) Subdivision of plots is not permitted. However lf there are more than one buildings in one residential plot the sum of the bu1lt up area and ground coverage of all such buildings shall not exceed the bu1lt up area and ground coverage permissible in that plot.
(v) The mezzanine floor and service floor if constructed shall be counted m the FAR
(vi) Basement: Basement shall not be counted towards FAR if used for purposes permissible under Building Bye laws namely household storage and parking Basement area shall not extend beyond the coverage on the ground floor as per permissible and sanctioned bu1lt up area but may extend to the area below the Internal courtyard and shaft Basement if used in terms of Chapter 15.0 mixed Use regulations shall count towards FAR and shall be liable to payment of appropriate charges if It exceeds the permissible FAR
(vii) Stilts if the building is constructed with stilt area of non habitable height (less than 2.4m) used for parking such stilt area shall not be included in FAR but would be counted towards the height of the building.
(viii) Parking: Parking space shall be provided for within the residential plot as follows
(a) 2 Equivalent Car Space (ECS) in plots of size 250 300 sqm
(b) l ECS for every 100 sqm built up area in plots exceeding 300 sqm provided that the permissible overage and FAR IS not achieved with the above mentioned parking norms m a plot the parking norms of the preceding category shall be allowed
(ix) Density: For the purpose of density calculations the dwelling unit shall be considered to accommodate 4.5 persons and the servant quarter to accommodate 2 25 persons.
(x) The minimum setbacks shall be as given in the following table
Plot Size (in sqm)
|Minimum Setback (in metre)|
|1. Below 100||0||0||0||0|
|2. Above 100 and upto 250||3||0||0||0|
|3. Above 250 and upto 500||3||3||3||0|
|4. Above 500 and upto 2000||6||3||3||3|
|5. Above 200 and upto 1000||9||6||6||6|
|6. above 10000||15||9||9||9|
- In case the permissible coverage IS not achieved with the above mentioned setbacks in a plot the setbacks of the preceding category may be allowed.
- In the case of construction in the future a minimum 2m x 2m open courtyard shall be provided form residential plots of area of 50 sqm to 100 sqm.
- Number of servant quarters shall be provided as per approved layout plan and shall be constructed within the stipulated height. However, if the garage block space is merged with the main building, no separate servant quarter block or servant quarter, as part of main building shall be allowed. However, provision for a servant’s room as part of the dwelling unit within the permissible coverage FAR shall be allowed.
- Each servant quarter shall comprise of one habitable room of area not less than 1 1 sqm. floor area, exclusive of cooking verandah, bathroom and lavatory. The maximum size of servant quarter shall be 25 sqm. If larger in size, the servant’s quarter shall be counted in density as a full dwelling unit.
- Plot owners/allottees seeking extra coverage, additional floor or part thereof over and above Gazette Notification dated 23 .07.98, as per above mentioned norms shall be charged betterment levy (or additional FAR charges) at the rates notified with the approval the Government from time to time. This is in addition to the levy payable on the additional FAR allowed vide notification dated 23.07.98 and over the FAR allowed vide notification dated 15.05.95.
- Plot owners/allottees seeking regularization of construction in terms of the additional coverage allowed under this notification shall have to pay a penalty and compounding charges notified with the approval of the Government, over and above the betterment levy referred to in para (xiii) above.
- Plot owners/allottees seeking regularization of additional height in terms of this notification, will have to pay penalty and special compounding charges notified with the approval of the Government, in addition to betterment levy referred to in para (xiv).
- The amount so collected be deposited in an escrow account by the local body concerned for incurring expenditure for developing parking sites, augmentation of amenities/infrastructure and environmental improvement programmes and a quarterly statement of the income and expenditure of the account shall be rendered by the local bodies to the Government.
- Encroachment on public land shall not be regularized and shall be removed before the local body grants sanction for regularization of additional construction or height except the following :-
- Projections/chajjas/covered chajjas built up portion which existed before 7.2.2007 upto 1 m above 3 m height from the ground level shall be regularized for plot size up to l`75 sqm. on roads below 24 m ROW in pre-1962 colonies (except for A&B category), in unplanned areas (including special area, village abadi and unauthorized regularized colonies) and re-settlement colonies. The owners/occupiers shall have to obtain structural safety certificate and fire clearance within a reasonable period of time as notified by the Government. Such projections /built up portion thereon shall be counted in FAR and in case of excess FAR over and above permissible FAR, such FAR in excess, shall be regularized subject to payment of appropriate charges as approved by the Government.
- The local body concerned shall carry out a survey within a period of two months from the dale of notification of all such projections eligible to be regularized and put such list in public domain for objections from the occupiers/owners and any person of the public against inclusion/exclusion of such projection in the list and the list thereafter will be finalized Wi1hin a period of one month after considering such objections received in writing.
(xviii) Every applicant seeking sanction or regularization of additional FAR and/ or height shall submit a certificate of structural safety obtained from a structural engineer. Where such certificate is not submitted or the Building is otherwise found to be structurally unsafe, formal notice shall be given to the owner by the local body concerned, to rectify the structural weakness within a reasonable stipulated period, falling which the building shall be declared unsafe by the local body concerned and shall be demolished by owner or the local body.
(xix) Standard Plans: There are a number of standard building plans designed and approved by the Authority. Such plans shall continue to operate whenever applicable. Such plans shall be modified as per the applicable development controls.
- Residential Plot – Group Housing:
- Minimum size of plot 3000 sq. m.
- Maximum Ground coverage 33.3%
Maximum FAR 200
Height NR (subjecting to clearance from AAI/F ire Department and other statutory bodies.
Parking 2.0 ECS/ 1 00 sqm. built-up area
(i) The density may vary (10% variation permissible in all categories) for specific categories as given below :- ‘
(a) Category-I (upto 40 sqm.) – 500 DUs/Ha.
(b) Category-II (above 40-upto 80 sqm.) 250 DUs/Ha.
(c) Category-III – 175 Dus/I-Ia. (above 80 sqm.)
(ii) Plots for group housing should be located on roads facing a minimum width of 18 m ROW (13.5 m ROW for redevelopment areas and 9m ROW for Slum Rehabilitation/ Special Area and Villages).
(iii) Additional floor area up to a maximum of 400 sq.m shall be allowed to cater to community needs such as community/recreational hall, crèche, library, reading room and society office. In addition to above,100 sqm. area shall be permissible for Senior Citizen Recreation Room.
(iv) The Central Government in consultation with the DDA may relax density and other norms for public housing and projects of national importance.
(v) The developer shall ensure that minimum l 5% of FAR or 35% of the dwelling units, whichever is more, are constructed for Community Service Personnel/EWS and lower category. Such flats should have a carpet area between 25 – 40 sqm. This 15% FAR or 35% of the dwelling units for Community Services Personnel/EWS and lower category housing would be over and above 200 permissible FAR and density mentioned at (i) (a), (b) & (c) above. Employer Housing of Central Government, State Government and other Government Agencies are not required to follow the requirement of FAR or Dwelling Units for Community Service Personnel/EWS and lower incomer category.
(vi) Ground coverage up to 40% may be allowed to achieve low-rise high-density housing without lifts.
(vii) Levy on additional FAR shall be at rates notified with the approval of Government from time to time.
(viii) Stilts : If the building is constructed with stilt area of non- habitable height and is proposed to be used for parking, landscaping etc. the stilt floor need not be included in FAR and shall be counted towards height.
(ix) Basement, if constructed, and used only for parking, utilities and services shall not be counted towards FAR.